DofE Gold Award
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is one of the more popular enrichment activities at Greenhead College.
The award provides an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding programme of personal development. Achieving the Gold Award will give you confidence and a wide range of skills that are highly attractive to employers, universities and colleges.
By participating, you will make a difference to yours and other people’s lives and your community, be fitter and healthier, make new friends and have memories to last a lifetime.
Participants at Greenhead College complete the Gold Award and develop:
- Self-belief and self-confidence
- A sense of identity
- A sense of responsibility
- New talents and abilities
- Team-working and leadership skills
- The ability to learn from and give to others in the community
- Independence of thought and action
- An awareness of their potential
- New relationships
- Key skills including problem-solving, presentation and communication.
To qualify for the Gold award, a young person must satisfy the requirements of the following five sections; Physical Recreation, Volunteering, Expeditions, Skills and Residential Project.
If you have completed your Silver Award it will take 12 months to complete the Gold; as a direct entrant you can start at Gold level and it will take 18 months to complete. This is achievable whilst studying for your A levels.
More information can be obtained by contacting Barbara Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org