We are wholly committed and welcome the changes in provision for students with SEND, as outlined in the Children and Families Act 2014. Our aim is to create a positive and inclusive atmosphere, where there is a shared commitment to empower students’ successful progression, whilst valuing individuality and diversity.
We ensure that:
- Young people and their families are at the centre of discussions around the support we provide
- The support offered takes into account young people’s health, care and educational needs
- We work closely with the young person’s local authority to access all aspects of the services available in the area
- We focus and prepare young people for adulthood, including employment, apprenticeships or university
- Person-centred reviews are provided ensuring young people meet their individualised goals and their EHCP outcomes are regularly reviewed.