We understand and recognise the needs of students with a variety of medical conditions. We encourage early disclosure during the application process, so we are able to build in any support required for a smooth transition.
We ensure that:
- We effectively support transition for all learners, both from school to college and from college into higher education
- Where appropriate we offer a transition morning and individual visits to the college to familiarise with the college environment and discuss support needs
- We make reasonable adjustments to support a learner’s individual needs
- Where appropriate individual healthcare plans are developed in collaboration with the student, parents/carers, the Additional Learning Support Manager and appropriate medical professionals
- There is liaison with personal tutors and teaching staff, to develop specific classroom strategies
- Where appropriate, exam access arrangements are in place
- We support students planning to progress to university with their Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) applications
- Where required, liaison with external agencies takes place
- Support learners in accessing opportunities across college such as trips, enrichment activities and participation in PAWS week
- If appropriate, implement specialist provision support.