The transition from high school to college marks an important milestone in a young person’s life. At Greenhead College we offer an extensive pastoral and support network, which ensures that all of our students have the best possible opportunity to achieve their full potential, both inside and outside the classroom.
The Additional Learning Support (ALS) Department offer support to a number of new students who may have some concerns about their transition to college. Prior to enrolment Additional Learning Support host a transition morning, which helps students to alleviate any concerns and familiarise themselves with the College environment and meet key staff.
Top Tips to a successful Transition
- Develop your time management and organisational skills
- Reflect on your study skills – be open to trying new methods
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help and access support
- Be open to making new friends
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
- Take the opportunity to try a number of enrichment activities during ‘Enrichment Sampling Week’
- It is normal and expected that A level study feels significantly more challenging than GCSE. Be kind to yourself during this period of adjustment.
- Find out what resources are available to support you
- Get involved with our mental and physical (MAP) week activities
- BE KIND TO YOURSELF